Fab 4 Radio.com live feed

You're listening to Fab 4 Radio live!

Monday, March 17, 2008

Excerpts from Heather's statement outside court as reported by BBC News

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/entertainment/7300959.stm

"First of all, I just want to say I'm glad it's over. And it was an incredible result in the end, to secure mine and [my] daughter's future - and that of all the charities that I obviously plan on helping and making a difference with, because you know that's been my life for 20 years.
Obviously, the courts do not want a litigating person to do well. It's against everything that they ever wish. So, when they write the judgment up, they're never going to try and make it look in my favour.
But all of you that have researched know that it was always going to be a figure between £20 and 30 million. Paul was offering a lot less than that, which you'll see in the judgment - and very much last minute.
To put me and Beatrice sadly through this - it's been incredibly sad. So we're very, very, very pleased - and what I'd like to say - being a campaigning girl - is anybody wanting to go through a divorce - try your hardest, man or woman, to settle it immediately.
But if you're in an impossible situation - which anybody listening will know that, you know, people don't see eye-to-eye - things get out of hand. You can be a litigating person. It's not easy, but just make sure you do all your research, save yourself a fortune."

No comments: