Fab 4 Radio.com live feed

You're listening to Fab 4 Radio live!

Friday, September 12, 2003

Johnny Cash ... John Ritter

I woke up this a.m. to the stunning news that both Johnny Cash and John
Ritter have passed away. Johnny Cash, an artist I dearly loved, had been ill
for some time. Never got to see him in concert, unfortunately, though I'd
always wanted to. But I loved his work, especially his albums for the
American label. I recommend them highly. The most recent one, his fourth for
them, has a cover of "It's My Life" on it. Cash had been ill for some time,
and his death wasn't totally a surprise. But what was really sad, and
probably led to his death, was the sudden recent death of his wife, June
Carter, with whom he performed on stage.

You can't think of John Ritter and not think of "Three's Company." It was a
popular show, even if it wasn't TV at its most intellectual. The sad thing
here is Ritter was only 54....

Our condolensces to both families.

Cash obit: http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/12/cash.obit/index.html
Ritter obit: http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/12/ritter.obit/index.html

steve

No comments: